Application guidelines - medical grants
The Evelyn Trust awards medical grants for:
- Clinical research projects – Towards the cost of specific, planned and well managed medical research programmes.
- Medical support staff and teams to achieve a step-change in service – Towards the cost of medical/care teams and staff engaged in specific innovative, transformational programmes to provide medical and healthcare support to the public, including in the home.
The Trust will consider grant applications for research that involve live animals provided that the protocols and approach used adhere to the principles set out by the University of Cambridge on their website or to an equivalent recognised basis.
What we don't support
- Projects where alternative funding from a non-charitable organisation is available.
- Research funding for fields already well supported by other charities, including some heart and cancer work.
- Projects submitted by well established researchers with good funding track records and alternative funding sources.
- Projects that are submitted by established research charities to raise research funds.
- Ongoing overheads, administrative or maintenance costs, VAT or professional fees.
- General funds, non-specific appeals, endowment funds, conduit organisations or appeals by circular.
- Costs of meetings, conferences, conference fees, exhibitions, concerts, travel, expeditions
- Organisations based outside the object area.
- Support on an ongoing basis.
- The purchase of land.
- Causes with a strong political association.